Forbo Flooring Systems is a subsidiary of Forbo Holding AG. The company produces floorings for all building types.
The company is the leading manufacturer of natural linoleum for more than 20 years. The product is produced at 7 European factories since 1928 under “Marmoleum” brand name. In 2012, Forbo Flooring Systems opened its factory in Kaluga Oblast, Russia.
Marmoleum is made of:
- Linen oil;
- Pine resin;
- Milled limestone;
- Wood flour;
- Just base;
- Special pigments.
Linen oil and pine resin are mixed in special vats and warmed up. Then the milled limestone, wood flour and pigments are added. Resulting color granulate is pressed into the jute base and dried up.
The following EN 685 classes of Marmoleum are available:
- Class 21-23 (domestic use only);
- Class 31-34 (offices, conference halls, commercial structures);
- Class 41-43 (for use in intense load environments, such as industrial facilities, commercial and public structures).
Thanks to its all-natural composition, Forbo linoleum has multiple advantages compared to its competitors:
- 100% natural and ecologically safe;
- Bacteriostatic properties and high color fastness;
- Large variety of designs – over 300 monochrome and multicolored decors with marble, board, stone, flock and other imitations. Fantasy and abstract collections are also present;
- High abrasion proofing without need for any additional protection;
- Heat insulation and stability of linear sizes;
- Allowed to use in kindergartens, schools and hospital;
- Consistent quality control and sanitary-hygienic, fire and ecological safety certification;
- Easy to mount and care;
- High durability, can last for up to 30 years.
However, there are several drawbacks:
- High prices;
- You’ll have to wait for a month or so before your décor is delivered;
- Excessive requirements for base surface – it must be completely flat, polished wet or dry screed without any protrusions, holes or gaps.